3 Jul 2011

Here I sit...

So, I thought creating a blog would provide me with a bit of  much needed "down time", but truth be told, I'm not sure I have much to say...and it's stressing me out. 

Calm Creation is supposed to be an opportunity for me (and anyone interested in reading or adding) to spend a few minutes each day indulging in a bit of harmless escape...leaving behind the cat vomit on the carpet, the nagging thoughts of inadequacy and disappointment and, most of all, the "buzzing brain" syndrome.

Anyone who can identify with what I call the "symptoms of modern life" is welcome to join me for a few minutes of quiet, a few minutes to slow down, a few minutes to forget that your boss gave you 3 days before staff left for the summer to come up with a plan to move your entire operation into a building that is currently only capable of housing about half the operation.  (Yes, 3 days!)  This is my way of dealing with these little pressures so I don't explode.  I hope you can join me.


We all have crazy, hectic lives and dream of a little peace and tranquility...so what makes me any different?  Nothing.  I'm not special.  I'm not unique.  I wonder if that even matters these days.  We're all so caught up in our own little worlds, posting every dull thought and embarrassing moment for the world to witness as though it matters, as though we can somehow make ourselves matter.  Do we really believe we're insignificant otherwise?

In any case, I'm a middle-aged (40 to be exact) single parent - have been for 14 years - yes, 14 years - and I'm a professional...busy, busy.  My world consists of  work, household tasks and caring for my daughter (not always in that order).  I'm thinking my life is probably very much like the lives of many, many others...and if you're as stressed out as I am, we will have a lot to talk about.  Let's start creating some calm together.

By the way, I don't do yoga.  Maybe I should start...deep breaths, in...hold it, hold it...and out... in...hold it...and out...

keep breathing...

'til next time,
CC

No comments:

Food Matters

Buy Food Matters on DVD
Food Matters - 15% Off